leding sofware company
Role: Sr. System admin
# Positions: 2
Salary: 7 â€“ 8 LPA ( Depends on experience)
Experience: 4+ years
Opsource is an exciting, VC backed, pre-IPO company transforming the way software and web applications are delivered over the web.
The companyâ€™s core service offering, opsource On- Demand is a complete, turnkey solution designed for software and internet companies that want to grow and scale their web based business or software as a service(SaaS) products and revenues. We are developing and partnering with companies to offer next generation web services to enable mash ups and composite applications.
Opsource On â€“ Demand is the most comprehensive SaaS enablement solution on the market today, offering application management, 24*7 branded end user support, systems management, hosting and networking, security, disaster recovery, change management, and more, as well as optional consulting services to help software companies work through the business model, code, and operational issues associated with SaaS.
The systems Engineer (SE) interacts with various support teams at opsource and customers on technical discussions and also ensuring customer issues are addressed in a timely manner, The SE should be capable of demonstrating an enterprise view with good understanding of hardware and technologies. The SE is responsible for system design, installation and maintenance of hardware products, installation and maintenance of Operating systems(OS), large scale enterprise implementation of system management tools, monitoring, fundamentals of security, installing third party software, back up configuration and restoration of files, system patches, security updates and system upgrades. It also includes racking and cabling of servers, managing service contracts, and documentation in laid down in our standard operating procedure(SOP) which is recommended in various quality assurance(QA) certifications like SAS70 and ITIL. The SE also serves as a point of escalation and should review issues or concerns raised by customers.
The SE also provides support to project leadership and develops solutions to improve the environment and enhance server reliability. The SE provides sales support that will determine customer needs and projecting requirements based on customer input. The SE is responsible for designing the architecture and solutions to best meet customer needs as well as making and presenting recommendations to improve existing infrastructures. The SE works closely with the Service Delivery Manager(SDM) to ensure deliverables are met.
- Build systems and solutions based on customer requests and needs
- Presenting customers with recommendations regarding hardware and systems software.
- Installing hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels.
- Evaluating, recommending, installing and configuring hardware and software to meet customer requirements
- Installing and configuring tools for event monitoring, capacity planning, performance monitoring, etc and making recommendations based on results.
- Level 3 trouble shooting and resolution of system problems.
- Leading technical projects from start to finish while working with in organizational change management and project management guidelines
- Performing system software updgrades including planning/ Scheduling, testing and coordination and maintaining integrity of the operating system environment
- Responding to outages both during normal business hours and in an after- hours, on â€“ call capacity
- Producing documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Coordinating and interfacing with outside vendors end users other department team members and service providers to resolve issues.
- Participating in capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises while producing supporting documentation
- Supporting sales initiatives through participation in sales calls.
Required Experience and skills:
A minimum of 4 years of experience in IT handling production environments
A bachelorâ€™s degree in Science or engineering or equivalent experience.
Excellent understanding of both Windows and LINUX/ UNIX operating system
Excellent communication skills
Advanced knowledge of UNIX and windows concepts, file systems permissions, ACLs, Kernel configuration,
Extensive knowledge of standard UNIX and Windows services like SSH, FTP, SFTP, NFS, LDAP, SMTP, DNS, Samba
Advanced trouble shooting skills on web tier and application servers like Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Resin, IIS, ASP.NET
Extensive knowledge of server optimization and security hardening
Proven ability to troubleshoot across all network stacks
Exposure to clustering and database administration (MySQL/ Postgres, Microsoft SQL) would be an added advantage.
Strong UNIX and Windows based debugging and scripting skills
Strong fundamentals in OS concepts, data structures, storage and networking.
Certifications like MCP/MCSE/MCSA/RHEL/CCNA.. would be an added advantage.
Ability to communicate complex technical information in straight forward terms
Experience in solving complex technical problems
Ability to motivate and stimulate others
Ability to design and implement hardware and software solutions based on customer requirements.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace environment
Willingness to thrive and succeed in a fast paced, dynamic 24x7 environment
* Entrepreneurship: Candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position not afraid to make decisions.
* Indomitable work ethic: Candidate can reject setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. The successful candidate will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
* Flexible and adaptable: candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
* Communicative: Candidate will take an â€œopen-sourceâ€ attitude to quality assurance. Keep others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
* Attention to Detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of â€œthe devil is in the detailsâ€ and will take great pride in getting it right.
* Accountability: Candidate should be a result oriented team player who leads by examples, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
* Efficient and creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems
* Problem Solver: Candidate should be a strong analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
contact person;geetha-9886444628,pl send ur profile as asap by mentioning ur current salary, expected salary, total years of exp - email id;email@example.com
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Opening @Bangalore for a person who is good at windows and unix 4+ years exp mail :firstname.lastname@example.org:19 PM Posted by Surendra Kumar Anne
Labels: 4+years, Bangalore, India, Linux Admin, Unix, windows
leding sofware company