|We, "JAV Consultancy Services", are one of leading firm in recruiting & placing Manpower for our reputed clients. |
We would like to share challenging requirement with you on behalf of our client M/s Symantec Corporation - Pune (www.symantec.com).
About Symantec –
Symantec helps organizations protect business' infrastructures and information, across numerous and complex IT systems. For more than 20 years Symantec has been protecting customers from threats, system failures, user errors, and disaster - protecting more people and more companies from online threats than anyone in the world; enabling business and individuals to work and communicate and interact safely in a connected world. Headquartered in Cupertino, California,
Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com. Symantec is an equal opportunities employer.
The Technical Support arm of Symantec Global Services provides organizations' with a range of support options; its aim is to enable Symantec's customers to derive the maximum benefits from our software products by providing them with access to a full range of proactive, customer-driven support services that is available 24/7 from eight globally distributed support centers, all of which use the latest available technology to track communications and responses to issues.
Technical Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring that customers receive solutions to their technical issues in a timely and professional manner as required; providing a high level of telephone and electronic support, dealing with customers' IT issues. The position is office based.
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer – Volume Manager / File Systems.
• Work as part of a team providing professional and comprehensive support to Symantec customers.
• Dealing with customer technical issues over the telephone on a daily basis using a call tracking system.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift resolution to all customer issues
• Providing customer feedback on their issues as they are progressed and record any interactions within the case handling system.
• Recreating problems in house and providing evidence where bug fixes are required.
• 24X7 VOICE SUPPORT
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS TECHNICAL:
• 2+ years experience supporting UNIX environment with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the core flavours such as Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux (Red Hat or Suse).
• Fluent in English – written and verbal
• Knowledge/experience of working in cross platforms server environments.
• Experience with logical volume management
• SAN – Storage Area Network experience and exposure
• Previous experience of clustering environments.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS TECHNICAL:
• Previous experience with managing Disk arrays such as EMC Storage, Hitachi, Sun Storage.
• Knowledge of replication and disaster recovering solutions.
• Knowledge of Databases – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Etc.
• Working knowledge of other operating systems such as HPUX, Aix, Linux, etc.
• Previous working experience of VERITAS products such as File System, VERITAS Cluster Server or Volume Manager.
• Programming experience in C or any variation like C++, C# etc
• High customer focus
• Commitment to task and attention to details
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Able to make and standby decisions & solve problems.
• Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information
• Able to convince others in either positive or negative circumstances
• Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment
• Systematic Problem Solving
• Work as part of the team
Total IT Experience: 4 to 6 years.
Job location: Pune.
Kindly grab the challenging opportunity and mail us your updated profile in word document alongwith below mentioned details :-
Current Location :-
Total IT experience :-
Exp as Technical Support Engineer:
Exp in Volume Mgr / Filesystem :
Exp in providing enterprise level support:
Exp in Unix Environment and in Which ?:-
Exp in Clustering Environment :-
Exp in SAN – Storage Area Network:
Are you ready to work on 24x7, Voice support ? :
Do you have Certifications ?
Current CTC :-
Expected CTC :-
Lead time to join :-
Reason for change :-
Reason for Relocation :-
Are you willing to work with Symantec - Pune ?:-
Have you applied to or interviewed by Symantec - Pune ?:-
* Would appreciate if you can help us with references of your friend or colleagues who would be looking out for change.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks & Regards,
Hitesh Giri | JAV Consultancy Services | Mumbai - 400 080 INDIA | firstname.lastname@example.org |
T: 022-25900416 / 25624130 / 25611608
Disclaimer Clause :-
Your CV has been electronically selected, based on certain standard parameters. You are free to forward this email to candidates who fit the job description. Please ignore this email if you are working for Our Client M/s Symantec Corporation.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
8:57 PM Posted by Surendra Kumar Anne
Want to get job alerts on your e-mail subscribe here..!