This is sona and I am writing to you on behalf of Convate. We offer recruitment solutions to almost all the top of the order IT organizations & MNCs having their presence in India.
Operating system knowledge:
• Unix ( Linux and Solaris / AIX)
• VERITAS Volume manager, VERITAS/GFS/Sun Cluster
Virtualization experience (VMWare, LDOM/Zones, MPAR/LPAR)
Excellent written and verbal communication
Good to Have following hardware and Software Knowledge:
• Sun Fire V Series (440, 880,890,1280, etc)
• Sun Midrange server (2900,6900,4900, etc)
• Sun High End Servers (12k,15k,25k,M Series-4000/5000
• HP ProLiant DL580,DL380,DL480 and G Series
• HP smart Array (RAID)
• IBM BladeCenter HS20 -[884345U]
• IBM eServer BladeCenter HS20 -[8832G1X]
• RS 6000 Standalone servers (7026), etc
• System P (P505, P510, etc.)
• Power series (P590, P595, P550, etc.)
• Solaris 8,9,10
• Sun Cluster 3.1,3.2
• Aix 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
• HACMP Cluster
• Tivoli Monitoring
• RHEL-3/RHEL-4/RHEL-5 and RHN (satellite server)
Role : Build & QA
• UNIX Request management.
• Monitor and work on
• RPS (Request Process System) queue.
• ITSM work order, Incident and change tickets
• Action all requests, escalating to core team if required.
• Manage the Service Centre Incident queue, escalating to core team if required.
• UNIX/Linux Server Build Process.
• Liaise with internal support partners (server operations) to complete internal request documentation (Network ports, storage requests etc).
• Provide asset management support and raise change records.
• Install Core OS to bank standards and complete server checklist.
• Install OS toolsets and layered products per build standards using build checklist and build tools/automation (OS dependent).
• Configure OS based on project engineering documents.
• Configure application file systems based on project engineering documents.
• Validate build.
• Ensure OS is secure by installing ESM agents and checking status.
• Provide support documentation to Operations team.
• OS Update.
• Install OS updates to include certified OS patches and packaged products per implementation request/plan.
• Update OS and SW configuration per implementation request/plan.
• Update application file systems per implementation request/plan.
• Validate updates per verification procedures specified in the implementation request/plan.
• Maintain OS security per OS security baselines using ESM tool.
• Perform ESM remediation.
Role Brief Description:
• Candidate is responsible for solution build, solution design and solution engineering standard
• Candidate will be part of a team is an extension under DOSS PBS which works closely with PBS fulfillment team (US Onsite)
• Working as a Global Team 24/7
Shift Type (Rotational Shifts/Fixed): Rotational
Process Timings: 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM IST / 2:30 PM IST – 11:30 IST
Weekends Off (Y/N): Y
Current CTC :
Expected CTC :
Available for a telephonic interview in gurgoan on 13th March 2010:
If interested and want to explore this opportunity send in your resumes to this mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
We will revert back to you with more details on this requirement once we hear from you,
Do let us know if you have some references to provide for the same.For any queries please feel free to call me ASAP.
Friday, March 12, 2010
6:19 PM Posted by Surendra Kumar Anne
Want to get job alerts on your e-mail subscribe here..!