|Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 141,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. |
At Ernst & Young, we support you in achieving your unique potential wherever you are in the world - both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At Ernst & Young, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
The Global Shared Services, in Gayatri and Thejaswini, supports Ernst & Young's service lines and business operations across the world. The Center is equipped with excellent workplace facilities of international standards. The workforce comprise chartered accountants, business and management professionals and engineers with wide industry knowledge and expertise. The dynamic, talented people are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in providing information technology, audit, tax, risk advisory, transaction advisory and knowledge services.
Job Title: Configuration Management Administrator
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
(Describe the knowledge or skills needed to perform this job; these may be technical, managerial or behavioral in nature and can be divided by "Mandatory" and "Optional / being considered as an asset)
• Understands and uses appropriate methods tools and applications
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
• Takes initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate development opportunities
• Demonstrates effective communication skills
• Contributes fully to the work of teams
• Can plan, schedule and monitor own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited time horizons
• Is able to absorb and apply new technical information
• Is able to work to required standards and to understand and use the appropriate methods, tools and applications
• Appreciates wider field of information systems, how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the customer
• Basic knowledge of the ITIL Service Lifecycles and Processes
• Basic knowledge of IT Operations, systems and infrastructure
• Working knowledge of ITIL Configuration Mgmt
• Experience with BMC Software Remedy- Atrium CMDB module
(Describe the level of supervision received (i.e., the frequency of supervisory contact, degree to which the individual acts independently and on what kinds of issues). Describe the level of supervision of others, if any (i.e., assigning work, reviewing performance, direct or indirect responsibility).
• Works under general supervision.
• Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments.
• Specific instruction is usually given and work is reviewed at frequent milestones.
• Determines when problems should be escalated to a higher level.
• There are no direct reports to this role.
(Describe other functions or expectations of the job such as whether overtime is regularly required (e.g., during busy season?), whether there are particular times of the year that vacation may not be taken, whether there is frequent travel, whether there are any physical requirements beyond those expected in a normal office environment or any other miscellaneous things about the job that should be made known.)
• This position typically does not require overtime or weekend work, however, should the workload demand additional hours may be required
• This role can expect to undertake rotating shift work
(What is the minimum level of education needed/suggested to perform this job?)
2 year College minimum in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc..) or equivalent job experience
(What is minimum number of years needed/suggested to perform this job?)
• 2 years experience in an Operational role
• 1 year experience in a Service Management role with exposure to Change and Release Management
• 1 year experience in a Configuration Management role
(Describe and explain any certifications and/or licenses needed or helpful to perform this job).
ITIL V3 Foundation Services Certification
We are looking for personnel who are having hands on experience, responsible, innovative and able to think creatively and willing to work in shift timings
Please forward you resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skill Expertise:
Earliest available joining date:
Thanks & Regards
Swapna Sreekumar | HR Services
Ernst & Young Global Shared Services
First Floor, Thejaswini, Technopark, Trivandrum, Kerala 695 581, India
Office: +91-471-408-0808 | email@example.com
Thank you for considering the environmental impact of printing emails
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
2:09 AM Posted by Surendra Kumar Anne
Want to get job alerts on your e-mail subscribe here..!