Contact Person :
Pls let me know your interest on same.
We are looking to recruit Senior Software Engineer to the established Oracle Database support team. The successful candidate will be located in India. The team's main responsibility is to troubleshoot highly complex technical issues related to Oracle Database Installation, Migration/Upgrade, Patching on major UNIX (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and all other flavours) and Windows platforms. The selected candidates are expected to work in partnership with customers, other support engineers and developers. The selected candidate would be provided the Oracle Database orientation and groomed as Database Administrators. The successful candidate should be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in their current role and demonstrate the ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds. He/she should be able to perform their assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction. The Engineer is expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. The role requires also a good flexibility covering Severity 1 issues and weekend responsibilities including working in shifts. A support engineer will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot highly complex technical problems (Oracle Database) requiring high level of technical expertise
- Works directly with customers
- Participate in weekend rotation and shifts
- Participates in initiatives that improve overall product and documentation quality
- Participates in product/platform testing
- Drives improvements in product quality
- Participates in Beta programs
- Serves as Situation Manager on highly sensitive proactive and reactive Customer issues
- Consults with Management in directing resolution of critical Customer situations
- Consults with Customers on complex use of Oracle products
- Achieves knowledge transfer with teammates through: Development and Delivery of Formal Team
- Training sessions, Formal Mentoring, Creation/Review of Knowledge Articles
- Promotes the technical and professional development of others, i.e. mentoring others
- Analyzes work load, determines best practices and implements changes to improve productivity
- Proactively contribute to increasing the teams efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools / utilities
What are we looking for?
- Technical degree i.e. BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/ Science/ Engineering/ Math/ Physics/ Chemistry or proven professional and technical experience.
- Industry experience of > 4 years
We are looking for a core technical person who has real-time hands-on UNIX/Linux/Windows Administration experience and/or worked with L3 level support and/or having equivalent knowledge. Oracle Database knowledge is not mandatory, but will be an advantage. We expect you to know:
- Expert Operating system Administration – Any Unix/Linux/Windows flavour
- General UNIX/Linux/Windows concepts & Administration
- Concepts of file permissions, special permissions.
- User and Group management
- Boot procedure and RC scripts
- Package management: RPM, yum (Linux specific, corresponding package management tools in other UNIX flavours)
- Managing Kernel Parameters
- Partitioning and File systems
- UNIX applications like NFS, DNS etc.
- Self driven and result oriented
- Strong Problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong customer support and client relation skills.
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Focus on relationships (internal and external)
- Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Confident and decisive
- Expertise (maintaining professional in own discipline)
- Organizational skills
- Coaching/knowledge transfer Ability
- Writing technical Bulletins
- Teaching technical Courses
Who should apply?
System administrators (all Unix/Linux/Windows flavours), UNIX shell script developers having 4+ years of experience. Should be open for night shifts.
What does this Job offer?
A Unique opportunity and long term career prospective to learn Oracle Database Administration skills and transition from current System Admin profile to expert Oracle DBA Profile. This role does not involve core Operating System Administration of the customer servers (we are not expected to log into their servers), but working on their Oracle product issues.